While working in an Excel Workbook, you may need to add charts or graphs to make the results more attractive and easy to understand. To make the graph more attractive, you may need to add some comments or notes to make the graph more easygoing for the viewers. In this article, I will show you how to add a comment on a graph in Excel. I will introduce three easy ways to add a comment on a graph in excel. Hopefully, you will enjoy the whole procedure.
Download Practice Workbook
Please download the workbook to practice yourself.
3 Effective Methods to Add a Comment on a Graph in Excel
Here, I will consider a dataset having two columns of data, B and C called Year and Sales. The dataset is about the Sales of ABC Traders. The dataset ranges from B4 to C10. I will add a chart and show how to add a comment on a graph in Excel. Let’s follow the steps of the methods. I hope this will increase your Excel skill.
1. Adding a Comment on a Graph in Excel by Using a Text Box
This is the first method of this article. I will use a text box to add a comment on an Excel graph. Follow the steps given below. I also added illustrations for your better understanding,
- Add a chart at the very first step.
- After that, select the graph.
- Then, go to the Format tab in your Toolbar.
- Moreover, select the Text Box option there.
- Then, add the text box below the curve.
- After that, add a note or comment in the text box.
- As a result, you will find the graph with comments just like the picture given below.
Read More: How to Add Comment in Excel Formula (2 Easy Ways)
2. Inserting a Comment on a Graph in Excel from Data Label
This is the second method of this article. Hopefully, this is the shortest method to add a comment in an Excel graph. Let’s follow the procedure step by step. I will use the previous chart here to add a comment. So, without any further delay let’s jump into our solutions.
- First, select a data point on the graph.
- Then, Right click on the data point.
- After that select the Add Data label option.
- You will find a data label beside the data point.
- Then, right-click on the data label.
- After that, click on the Change Data label
- Hence, select a data label shape option.
- Consequently, you will get a comment like the picture given below.
Read More: [Solved:] Insert Comment Not Working in Excel (2 Simple Solutions)
- How to Change Comment Color in Excel (3 Suitable Examples)
- How to Export Facebook Comments to Excel (2 Easy Ways)
- [Solved!] Comments Are Not Displaying Properly in Excel
- How to Change Default Comment Font Size in Excel
- [Fixed!] Excel Comment Only Showing Arrow
3. Add a Comment on a Graph in Excel Using Insert Tab
Last but not least method is going to be described now. I will show here how to add a comment on a graph in excel using the Insert tab. This is quite similar to the first method. But I will show this method working in Excel 365. Let’s follow the method step by step. I will consider the same graph found in the previous ways.
- First, go to the Insert tab in your Excel 365
- Then select the Add Text button there,
- Then, add the text box to the graph.
- Write down the necessary texts in the textbox.
- Hence, this is the desired result of this method.
Read More: How to Insert Picture in Excel Comment (with Easy Steps)
How to Add Comments to an Excel Worksheet
In this portion of this article, I will show how to add comments to an excel worksheet. Here, I will consider the same dataset we have used in the previous methods. This is a short and handy method. Follow the necessary steps given below.
- Select the C5 cell first.
- Then, go to the Review
- After that select the Edit Comment or Add Comment
- Hence, you can see a dialog box is opened.
- Then, you can write any comments in the dialog box.
- As a result, you will find the added comments in a cell just like the picture given below.
- You can read or edit the comment by clicking on the indicated option of the selected cell.
Read More: How to Print Worksheet with Comments in Excel (5 Easy Ways)
How to Add Comments in Excel Worksheet by Using Keyboard Shortcut
In this part of this article, I will show a shortcut key to add comments in the Excel worksheet. This is a short method. I will consider the same dataset. Follow the steps given below.
- First, select the C5 cell.
- Then, press the Shift + F2
- After that, a dialog box will open in the cell like in the picture below. You can write any comments in that dialog box.
- Hence, this is the desired result.
- The selected area will help you to edit the comments by clicking on it.
Read More: How to Format Comments in Excel (2 Easy Ways)
Things to Remember
- Among the three methods, the last one is one in Excel 365.
In this article, I have tried to explain how to Add a Comment on a Graph in Excel. I hope, you have learned something new from this article. Now, extend your skill by following the steps of these methods. You will find such exciting blogs on our website Exceldemy.com. I hope you have enjoyed the whole tutorial. If you have any kind of queries feel free to ask me in the comment section. Don’t forget to give us your feedback.
- How to Find Comments in Excel (4 Easy Methods)
- How to Remove Pop-up Comments in Excel (4 Suitable Ways)
- [Fixed!] Comments in Excel Far Away from Cell (3 Possible Solutions)
- Anchoring Comment Boxes in Excel (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Read Full Comment in Excel (6 Handy Methods)
- How to Remove Comments in Excel (7 Quick Methods)
This is very helpful for my work.