Opening an Excel file in safe mode helps you to open files that have several issues when opening. But, it would also restrict you from various customization and features usage. So, you need both safe mode and normal mode according to your purpose. But, it might happen sometimes that your Excel file only opens in safe mode. In this article, I am gonna show you 3 solutions to this problem.
3 Probable Fixes If Excel Only Opens in Safe Mode
You can apply any of the solutions below according to your purpose and resources.
Solution 1: Reinstall Office
Generally, this particular problem occurs when you have some issues with installing Microsoft Office. As a result, reinstalling Microsoft Office is a good and frequent solution. Follow the steps below to do this.
- First and foremost, you need to uninstall Microsoft Office. To do this, go to your Start menu >> Settings tool.
- As a result, the Settings window will appear. Now, click on the Apps option.
- At this time, another Settings window will appear with all installed apps and features of your computer. Now, click on the Microsoft 365 – en-us. Subsequently, click on the Uninstall option.
- Consequently, finish the uninstall process. Afterward, double-click on the Microsoft Office setup files and complete the installation again in the proper way.
Thus, probably you will see the Excel app will open in normal mode too now.
Solution 2: Repair Office
Another thing you can try to fix this problem is to repair Microsoft Office. Go through the steps below to do this.
- At the very beginning, go to the Start menu of your computer. Next, choose the Settings option.
- At this time, the Settings window will open. Choose the Apps option from the options.
- Consequently, another Settings window will appear with all installed apps and features. At this time, click on the Microsoft 365 – en-us. Next, click on the Modify option.
- As a result, a Microsoft window will appear. Subsequently, choose the Quick Repair option and click on the Repair button.
Thus, your repair will begin and your problem will be fixed. If quick repair doesn’t fix it, you can also choose the Online Repair option to fix. But, you have to ensure a stable internet connection for this option. Thus, you will see your file will also open in normal mode now.
Solution 3: Update Office
Besides, you can also update your Microsoft Office to fix Excel only opens in safe mode. Follow the steps below to apply this.
- First, open the Excel app. Next, go to the File tab >> Account option.
- As a result, the Product Information of Microsoft will appear. Subsequently, click on the Update Options tool >> choose the Update Now option.
Consequently, your Excel file would start to update and with a stable net connection, it will be up to date automatically. After updating, you will see your problem is fixed and you can open Excel file in normal mode too.
To conclude, in this article, I have shown you 3 fixes to solve the problem ‘Excel only opens in safe mode’. Read the full article carefully and apply the solution that best suits you. I hope you find this article helpful and informative. If you have any further queries or recommendations, please feel free to comment here.
And, visit ExcelDemy to learn more about Excel. Thank you!