In this article, I’ll show you how you can edit a Macro button on your worksheet in Excel.
How to Edit a Macro Button in Excel: 5 Suitable Methods
Here I’ve got an Excel worksheet with a Macro button called Run the Macro in it.
Our objective today is to learn to edit the properties of this button in Excel.
1. Edit Display Text of a Macro Button in Excel
First, we’ll learn to edit the display text of a Macro button. Here the text is “Run the Macro”. Let’s try to change it to “Click the Button”.
To change the display of the button, right-click on the button and then select Edit Text.
You’ll find a cursor placed between the display of the button. Now you can change the display. I’ve changed it to “Click the Button”.
Read More: How to Create a Macro Button in Excel
2. Change the Assigned Macro of a Macro Button in Excel
You can also change the assigned Macro with a Macro button. Let’s change the assigned Macro of this button to the Macro called Run_Macro.
Right-click on the button. Then select Assign_Macro.
A dialogue box called Assign_Macro will open. Choose the Macro that you want to assign. Here I’ve chosen the Macro named Run_Macro.
Then click OK. The chosen Macro will be assigned to the button. Now if you click the button, the Macro will run.
Read More: How to Create Button Without Macro in Excel
3. Create or Record a New Macro for the Macro Button in Excel
You can also create or record a new Macro for the Macro button.
Again right-click on the button. Then select Assign_Macro again.
The same dialogue box called Assign_Macro will open. To create a new Macro, press on New.
A new Module in the Visual Basic window will open to create a new Macro.
Or to record a new Macro, click on Record.
Now, whatever you do, will be recorded as a new Macro and assigned to the button.
After you are done with recording, press Stop Recording to finish the recording process.
- How to Create Button to Link to Another Sheet in Excel
- How to Add Radio Buttons in Excel
- Radio Button in Excel Without Macro
- How to Insert Excel VBA Radio Button Input Box
- How to Group Radio Buttons in Excel
- How to Create & Apply Option Button Click Event in Excel VBA
- How to Use VBA Code for Submit Button in Excel
4. Edit Format of the Macro Button in Excel
You can change the format of the Macro button according to your wish. Right-click on the button, then choose Format Control.
A dialogue box called Format Control will open all the features available. Choose your desired format from the Font, Alignment, Size, Margin, Properties, and the other features.
Read More: How to Add Up and Down Buttons in Excel
5. Change Positioning and Mobility of the Macro Button in Excel
Finally, if you wish, you can change the positioning and mobility property of the Macro button. To do that, right-click on the button and select Format Control.
From the Format Control dialogue box, select Properties. You’ll get 3 properties under the Object Positioning feature.
By default, the second property is selected, which allows the Macro to change its position with a cell, but not size.
If you want you can allow it to change both the position and the size (By selecting the 1st one), or neither the position nor the size (By choosing the 3rd one).
Read More: How to Make a Calculate Button in Excel
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
Therefore, these are the processes to edit a Macro button in Excel. Do you have any questions? Feel free to ask us.
- How to Add Command Button Programmatically with Excel VBA
- How to Change Cell Value Using Toggle Button in Excel
- How to Change Color of Toggle Button When Pressed in Excel
- How to Add Option Button in Excel
- How to Use Option Button in Excel
- How to Set Option Button Value in Excel VBA
- How to Remove a Form Control in Excel
- How to Clear Cells in Excel with Button
- How to Create Chart Slider in Excel
- How to Make Games in Excel