Changing the column width in Excel is a must while working as the length of our input may be larger than the column width. In that case, the cell doesn’t display its whole content of it. Pixel is a unit to measure cell size. There are plenty of ways to change Excel column width in pixels. We will discuss 6 easy methods to change Excel column width in pixels.
Change Excel Column Width in Pixels: 3 Easy Methods
Changing column width in Excel is quite simple. Here we will discuss 6 easy methods to change Excel column width in pixels. We have taken some book names with their authors and publication years for the dataset.
1. Change Column Width Using Mouse
The simplest method to change column width can be done with the use of a mouse. The steps for the method are given below.
- Suppose we want to change the width of column C. We take our mouse in between column C and column D.
- Now, the mouse pointer will change like in the picture given below.
- Then, we left-click and hold the mouse.
- Here, it is showing the width in pixels.
- After that, drag it right or left as per requirement.
- After adjusting the column width we leave the mouse.
- Bravo! We have successfully changed the column width.
2. Utilize Excel Autofit Option to Change Column Width
The column width can be adjusted automatically to display each content of the column appropriately. Let’s follow the steps given below.
- First, take the cursor between column C and column D.
- The cursor sign will change like in the picture below.
- Now, we just need to double-click the mouse (left).
- We can see the column width changed to fit its content.
3. Copy Width in Pixels of One Column to Another
If we want to copy the width of one column to a new column, follow the steps given below.
- First, set the column in pixels whose width we want to copy.
- Next, select the column. In our case, the column is B.
- Then, copy the column by the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + C or by using the context menu.
- Further, we right-click on the column whose width we want to change. In our case the column is C.
- Afterward, right-click and choose the Paste Special option.
- Finally, the Paste Special box will appear and we select Column widths and OK consequently.
- Hurrah! We have copied the column width successfully.
How to Change Default Column Width in Excel
We can change the column width to the default value following the steps given below.
- First, go to the Format option from the Home tab and select Default Width.
- The Standard Width box will appear whose value is 8.43.
- Now, we select the column whose width we want to change to default. We choose column D.
- Then, go to the Format option from the Home tab in the ribbon.
- Next, select Column Width.
- The Column Width box will appear when we type the standard value 8.43.
- Finally, press OK and we can change the cell width to a standard value.
How to Set Column Width Unit in Excel
We can change the cell width unit from the File option. Let’s follow the steps given below for the procedure.
- First, go to the File option and choose Options.
- Excel Options box will appear and we select Advanced.
- From the display, choose Defaults Units as Ruler Units.
- Finally, press OK and the cell width unit changed to default if it was in other formats (Inches, cm, or mm).
How to Use Specific Number as Column Width in Excel
We may want to change the column width with a specific number. The steps for the procedure are given below.
- First, select the column whose width we want to change.
- Afterward, go to the Format option in the Home tab.
- Then, select Column Width from the options.
- Now, the Column Width box will appear and we will input our desired number.
- Finally, press OK and our column width will change accordingly.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the practice workbook from here.
Changing column width is quite useful while working in Excel. In this article, we have shown 3 easy methods to change Excel column width in pixels. If you have any queries or suggestions, please let us know by commenting.
- How to Set Excel Column Width to cm Unit
- How to Set Column Width in Inches in Excel
- How to Change Column Width in mm in Excel