Every organization keeps a record of its employees’ information. Most of the time, they create an employee detail form to store the data in a sheet. Using Microsoft Excel, we can easily store this information. In this article, we are going to demonstrate to you the step-by-step procedure to design an employee details form in Excel. If you are also curious about it, download our practice workbook and follow us.
How to Design Employee Details Form in Excel: Step-by-Step Procedures
In this article, we will show you the step-by-step procedure to design the employee details form in Excel. After completing all the steps our form will be like the image shown below:
All the operations of this article are accomplished by using Microsoft Office 365 application.
Step 1: Inserting Organization Information
In the first step, we are going to add the organization’s information to our employee details form. The procedure is described below step-by-step:
- First of all, input the following formula in the range of cells B2:B4. It is some basic information regarding the institution, like Address, Phone no, and Email.
- Now, we will add the company logo to the employee form.
- For that, select cell G2.
- Then, in the Insert tab, click on the drop-down arrow of the Picture option and select the This Device option from the Illustrations group.
- As a result, a small dialog box called the Insert Picture will appear.
- After that, choose your company logo and click on the Insert button. Here, we selected our website logo to demonstrate the procedure.
- The logo will be inserted.
- Our first section is ready.
Thus, we can say that we have completed the first step of designing an employee details form in Excel.
Read More: How to Create a Recruitment Tracker in Excel
Step 2: Design Employee’s Information Section
In the second step, we will add the employee’s information to the employee details form. The approach is almost similar to the previous case. Yet the process is explained below step-by-step:
- First, select the range of cells B6:J6.
- Now, in the Home tab, click on Merge & Center option from the Alignment group to merge the cell.
- Then, write down the following title in the merged cell. We write down Employee Information.
- Format the cell according to your desire.
- As we know that in the employee information section, most of the information will be regarding the employee.
- Thus, in row 8, specify the cells for inputting the name of the employee. Here, we add three different slots of the three parts of a human’s name. Moreover, you can add an example on that cell like us. It will help the user to input the data accurately.
- After that, denote rows 9 and 10 to input the address of that employee.
- Afterward, add the following entities in the range of rows 11:14.
- At last, we have to add an emergency contact person. The name of that person, the relationship with the employee, and the contact information input area should be kept on the form so that the organization can contact that person in case of an emergency.
- Our Employee Information section area is ready to input the value.
Hence, our second step of designing the employee details form in Excel is accomplished.
Step 3: Add Job Information Section
Now, in the section, we are going to add the job information of that employee. The approach is described below step-by-step:
- At first, select the range of cells B18:J18.
- After that, in the Home tab, click on Merge & Center option from the Alignment group to merge the cell.
- Next, write down the following title in the merged cell and format the cell according to your desire. We write down Job Information.
- Now, divide the whole section into two divisions.
- In the left section, write down the following five entities in the range of cells B19:B23 and donate the corresponding cells to input the value. Here, we add the designation of that employee, the supervisor’s name, the work location of that employee, the work phone no, and the email address of the supervisor.
- Afterward, in the right section, insert the following five entities G19:G23.
- Our employee details form is ready.
Therefore, we can say that we have finished the complete design of the employee details form in Excel.
Read More: How to Track Comp Time in Excel
Step 4: Verify with Sample Data
In this step, we will input some sample data in our employee details form to display the final outlook.
- Firstly, add all the information according to the entitles of the cells.
- After inputting all the information for an employee, the form will be like the image shown below.
Finally, we can say that all of our steps work accurately, and we are able to design the employee details information form in Excel.
🔎 Things to Remember
While you will add the phone no, Excel may not allow you to show the ‘plus (+)’ sign before the numeric number. In such a case, input an apostrophe sign before the phone number. Your problem will be solved.
Download Practice Workbook
That’s the end of this article. I hope that this article will be helpful for you and you will be able to design an employee details form in Excel. Please share any further queries or recommendations with us in the comments section below if you have any other questions or recommendations.
Don’t forget to check our website, ExcelDemy, for several Excel-related problems and solutions. Keep learning new methods and keep growing!