In Microsoft Excel, there are several methods to copy an Excel sheet to another sheet with the same format. In this article, I’ll show 4 quick methods to do it. Just go through the steps and concentrate on the flow of the images.
How to Copy Excel Sheet to Another Sheet with Same Format: 4 Quick Methods
Let’s get introduced to our datasheet first. In the picture below, three columns are lying with a number of random salespersons, their salaries, and states.
Method 1: Apply Copy-Paste Options to Copy Sheet with Same Format
In the first method, we will use the Copy-Paste option. I’ll show how to copy an Excel sheet to another with the same format. Let’s follow the steps below.
- Select the whole data range in the sheet by using a mouse or keyboard.
- Press Ctrl + C on the keyboard. A dancing rectangle will appear along the borders.
- Then, go to a new sheet.
- Activate any cell in the new sheet.
- Finally, press Ctrl + V and the sheet will be copied with the same format.
Method 2: Copy Sheet to Another Sheet with Same Format Using Context Menu
This method is quite easy to operate. Here I’ll copy the sheet from the Context menu by using a mouse only. Let’s go through the following steps.
- First of all, press the title of the sheet that you want to copy.
- Then right-click in your mouse.
- Some options will open up from the Context menu.
- Select the Move or Copy option.
- A dialog box will appear.
- After that, select “How to Copy Excel Sheet to Another Sheet with Same Format” from the To Book option bar which is actually our current working book.
- Also, select the sheet you want to copy from the Before sheet menu.
- Mark on the box of the Create a copy option. And press OK.
- As a result, you will see the image below. The sheet is copied with a new title including the same format.
Method 3: Use Dragging Sheet Option to Copy an Excel Sheet to Another One
In this method, I’ll use a mouse to show how to copy a sheet to another sheet with the same format, which is way too easy.
- First of all, press and hold the Ctrl button on the keyboard.
- Then press and hold the title of the sheet with a left-click and drag to the new position.
- Then release the Ctrl key and mouse.
- Here I have dragged it after the “Method 4” sheet.
- Look here the sheet has been copied with a new title in the same format.
Method 4: Copy Sheet with Cell Formatting Option Keeping Same Format in Excel
By using the cell formatting option, we can copy an Excel sheet to another place in the same workbook. We will use the ‘Move or Copy Sheet’ command to prepare it. Let’s see the steps on how to do it.
- Firstly, go to the Home tab.
- Then, select the Cells group of commands > Format drop-down.
- Now select the Move or Copy Sheet option.
- A dialog box will open up.
- After that, select “Copy Excel Sheet to Another Sheet with Same Format” from the To Book option bar. That is actually my current working book.
- Now select the sheet you want to copy from the Before sheet bar.
- Also, select Create a copy.
- Press OK.
- Finally, the data is copied to a new sheet with the same format.
Download Practice Book
Download the Excel workbook that we’ve used to prepare this article.
I hope all of the methods described above will be effective enough to copy an Excel sheet to another one in a similar workbook. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section and please give me feedback.