Microsoft Excel is a powerful tool for basic and complicated calculations. With the help of it, you can easily calculate the percentage value, like a discount percentage. In today’s session, I’m going to show you how to calculate the discount percentage with formula in Excel. The formula, I’m going to use, will work on all versions of Microsoft Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
You may download the following Excel workbook for better understanding and practice it by yourself.
2 Easy Ways to Calculate Discount Percentage with Formula in Excel
One of the formulae that are regularly used in Excel is the discount calculation formula. Calculations involving discounts are made easier and faster using Excel. We are aware that Microsoft Excel is a useful tool for both straightforward and complicated calculations. Calculating percentage numbers, such as discount percentages, is made simple by this. Let’s suppose we have a sample data set.
1. Calculate Discount Percentages from Price Difference
The discount percentage can be calculated using this method, which is the simplest. Simply compute the price difference and divide it by the Fall Price (Original Price) from the data set.
- Firstly, select the E5 cell.
- Secondly, write down the following formula here.
- Thirdly, press ENTER.
- As a result, you will see the discount percentage of the first product in the E5 cell.
- Then, use the Fill Handle tool and drag it down from the E5 cell to the E10 cell.
- Finally, you will see all the discount percentages for all the products in the data set below.
Read More: Percentage Formula in Excel (6 Examples)
2. Get Discount Percentages from Price Ratio
Here we will demonstrate another method to calculate the discount percentage with formula in Excel by using the price of the discount and the original price and then subtracting it from the 1.
- Firstly, choose the E5 cell.
- Then, type the following formula here.
- After that, hit ENTER.
- Therefore, the given image displays the discount percentage of the first product in the E5 cell.
- Besides, use the Fill Handle tool and drag it down from the E5 cell to the E10 cell.
- Lastly, the given image shows all the discount percentages for all the products available on the date set here.
Read More: How to Apply Percentage Formula for Multiple Cells in Excel (5 Methods)
In this article, I’ve covered 2 ways to calculate discount percentages in Excel. I sincerely hope you enjoyed and learned a lot from this article. Additionally, if you want to read more articles on Excel, you may visit our website, ExcelDemy. If you have any questions, comments, or recommendations, kindly leave them in the comment section below.
- How to Calculate Multiple Discounts in Excel (4 Easy Methods)
- Calculate Percentage of Percentage in Excel (2 Examples)
- How to Calculate Discount Rate for NPV in Excel (3 Useful Methods)
- Calculate Gross Profit Margin Percentage with Formula in Excel
- How to Calculate Discount Rate in Excel (3 Quick Methods)
- Use Food Cost Percentage Formula in Excel
- How to Use Dividend Discount Model Formula in Excel